America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. This 4th of July, besides seeing fireworks, remember what Independence Day is really all about. We’ve compiled the best 4th of July quotes, from notable names and politicians to some of our favorite movies, all to to remind us how important this day is. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
11 Best Independence Day Quotes
1. "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of good conscience, good health, occupation and freedom in all just pursuits." – Thomas Jefferson
2. "Better to die on one’s feet than to live on one’s knees.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
3. "Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." – Albert Einstein
4. "Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free." – Dwight D. Eisenhower
5. "I believe in America because we have great dreams - and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true." - Wendell L. Wilkie
6. "The genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislatures, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges, or churches, or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors, but always most in the common people." - Walt Whitman
7. "For what avail the plough or sail, or land or life, if freedom fail?" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books, Miss Saunders. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that." Jefferson Smith, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
9. "We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it." - William Faulkner
10. "America is a tune. It must be sung together." - Gerald Stanley Lee
11. And how could we forget...
Have a happy Fourth of July!