Quinoa is a superfood as it contains so many health benefits. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids as well as twice as much fiber as most other grains. Fiber can help to relieve constipation but also helps lower cholesterol and glucose levels. Quinoa also contains iron which helps the body to form hemoglobin which carries oxygen from one cell to the other int the blood
Looking for more ways to incorporate Quinoa into your diet? Breakfast Quinoa with Almond Butter and Cinnamon is an easy-to-make breakfast.
Breakfast Quinoa with Almond Butter and Cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Ground cinnamon (fresh if you've got it!)
- Pinch (or two!) of sugar
- (Optional) Fruit of your choice - berries are great
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cool water until water runs clear
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil–then simmer for 20 min, until the “germ” or spiral tail of the quinoa emerges. Turn off the flame, pull to the side.
- In the pan, incorporate almond butter and fresh ground cinnamon to the cooked quinoa.
- Put into bowls and garnish with sugar and berries!
Pro Tip: Save time in the morning and prepare quinoa the night before.