Chocolate milk is delicious on its own, but sometimes you need something more substantial to fill your belly. We’ve gathered three fun recipes that your kids will ask for again and again.
Smoothies are a great option for an everyday treat, and chocolate popsicles are the perfect way to cool down on a hot day. For a tasty party dish or an exciting weeknight dessert, try our “dirt” pudding.
When you add TruMoo® Chocolate Milk to your recipe, you’re not only adding chocolate-y goodness but also something nutritious.
Hide ’N Seek TruMoo Chocolate Milk Smoothies
It can be a chore to get your kids to eat healthy. And let’s be honest, it can even be a chore to get yourself to eat healthy. You know that kale and spinach are good for you, but sometimes it’s hard to bring yourself to actually eat them. If that sounds like you, or your kids, make smoothies your best friend. You can pack a lot into your blender and get some of your daily serving of vegetables without it tasting like, well, vegetables. Hide your veggies with fruit and TruMoo Chocolate Milk—both are good for you, but still feel like a treat. Experiment with your favorite fresh fruit and least-favorite veggies to find more tasty smoothie options.
- 1 ripe banana
- 6 oz raspberries
- 3 oz Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- Handful of ice cubes
- Add all to blender. Blend until smooth. Add more or less of any of the ingredients for a different taste.
TruMoo Chocolate Milk Popsicles
You’ve had TruMoo Chocolate Milk on its own (delicious!), and you’ve tried it hot (tasty!), so the next step is to try it frozen. Using popsicle molds, available at most grocery stores, pour in your favorite TruMoo Chocolate Milk, and pop it in the freezer for 4-6 hours. Now you have a tasty, nutritious popsicle that tastes great on a hot summer day.
TruMoo Chocolate Milk “Dirt” Pudding
Pudding is a nice, smooth treat that satisfies any chocolate craving. Make a bunch and store it in mini mason jars for on the go, or toss in some fun to your dessert and make it “dirt” pudding. You can add gummy worms and crushed-up chocolate sandwich cookies for a treat that’s ready for any day. If you’re serving these at a spring party, you could even serve them in mini flower pots.
- 1 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Heat TruMoo Chocolate milk, heavy cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it reaches a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk.
- Add this mixture slowly to the saucepan, constantly stirring until it simmers again.
- Turn down the heat and stir well. The pudding will start to thicken.
- Turn the heat off and add the vanilla. Mix well.
- Add to a bowl or jars and allow to cool. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- When ready to eat, crush up cookies.
- Spoon some pudding into a small bowl (or leave in the mason jar) and sprinkle cookies on top. Top with gummy worms.