Many of you know Lisa Cain as the Snack-Girl blogger. But with more than 100 recipes on hand, Lisa knows how to make things in snack-able bites. She knows how much we love a quick and easy breakfast!
So here is her Baked Eggs and Cheese in Toast Cups to motivate those nay-sayers who have no time to make a good breakfast.
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1-tablespoon sharp shredded cheddar
- 1 slice 100% whole-wheat bread
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375 and soften the butter in the microwave in a plain white ramekin or coffee mug.
- Grease your mug or ramekin and squeeze the bread in to the cup. If you must tear it, feel free to put some effort into it.
- Next press the bread to the sides to make room for the eggs and cheese.
- Add cheese first, then the egg and place into the oven for 15-25 minutes depending if you like it runny or firm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve up a warm, yummy breakfast. I love this recipe because it only has 165 calories and 10+ grams of protein.