Prepare Ahead For Those Last Minute Picnics
Some times plans do change; this is especially true if your husband or your kids likes to do things on the spur of the moment. This sudden idea can be stressful for the one who has to pack everything. Trying to gather up every little item you will need. One way to be prepared is to pack and store the basics essentials ahead of time.
Pack in Picnic Supplies to Last All Summer!
A picnic basket or a cooler makes excellent storage containers. Another time saving idea is to have a picnic shopping list on hand of other items you will need for your adventure. By making and following a picnic supply list prepared list, you are less likely to forget item that are constantly overlooked.
Pre packing, listing idea works for; trips, overnight camping picnics, spending the day on a beach and city park picnics. After reading this article you too will know how to be prepared for any plan changes your family throws your way.A day out can be fun if you have essential items. If you prepare in advance and make a picnic shopping list, you will be less likely to forget something.
Fried chicken is commonly found on a picnic supply list. Sandwiches and prepackaged snacks work well. It does not matter if you are in the park or concert picnic, you still need to follow safety precautions.
Some supplies for the picnic include
- Wet wipes,
- Paper cups
- Paper plates
- Trash bags
- Aluminum foil
- Quilt or Blanket
- Table Cloth
Picnic list food items
- 2-3 bottles of water
- Salt, pepper
- salt, pepper
Picnic supply list utensils
- Can opener
- Cooking utensils
- Serving utensil
- Pots and pans
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Bottle opener
Picnic essentials for safety and emergencies
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Flash light
- Talcum powder
- Picnic blanket
Tips For Outdoors
- You can use picnic blanket or table cloth.
- Talcum power sprinkled around your basket and blanket will keep the bugs away.
- List of picnic supplies also includes; a cooler to keep your drinks cold and a warmer if you have hot food.
- If you plan on a campground picnic, you will need charcoal and starter fluid for the barbecue pit.
- Concert picnics have restrictions, so you should find out what's allowed.
Food Items to Have on Hand for Fast Getaways
Most picnics planning list food items would include fried chicken, potato salad, Cole slaw, dessert and a beverage.Luckily these can be picked upon your way to your destination, fresh and hot from your deli or grocer. Sometimes you do not have time to cook or purchase these things. So here are some city park Picnic ideas for the spur of the moment picnics.
- Sandwich meat,
- Peanut butter,
- Hot dogs
- Vegetables with dip.
- Pre Packaged snacks, cookies or crackers,
- Single servings of fruit cups or puddings.
Picnic Safety tips
- Dairy products and eggs spoil easy so keep them cool
- Hot foods should stay at 145 degrees for the duration of use
- If below 140 for over 2 hours throw it out
- Store meat items at the bottom
- Cook food until done
- Have 2 coolers 1 for food and the other for drinks
- Do not bring glass it is not allowed in campgrounds.
- Use ample amounts of sunscreen
- Drink plenty of water
- When playing games take long breaks often to prevent from becoming to hot.
- Sit in the shade during breaks